Segway Robotics has launched its newest product, the KickScooter T60, lately. It’s a semi-automatic distant dispatcher shared scooter.
The KickScooter T60 has 3 wheels (2 entrance, 1 again) and a big battery that may final greater than 60 km. Nevertheless, should you want to purchase it, it might not be doable.
At present, Segway is focusing on shared scooter corporations to undertake this new design. What’s particular about it’s that it may be operated remotely to “re-balance” the fleet primarily based on demand/provide and to deliver it again to the dock for recharging by way of Cloud-based system and AI (Synthetic Intelligence).
Listed here are the specs for the KickScooter T60.
- Suspension: inverted three-wheel linkage suspension
- Brake: three units of impartial braking methods (electrical power regenerative braking, drum brakes, parking brakes)
- Processor: 1.8GHz six-core processor
- Safety Degree: IPx5; IPx7 for key parts
- Replaceable battery: good lithium battery that’s distant lockable
- Most load: 120kg
- Most velocity: 32km/h, may be adjusted in keeping with the nation or area’s laws
- Battery life: 60-70km
You’ll be able to try the video at their web site.
Uber and Lyft is perhaps the primary to try it out. It’s slated to be commercialized in 2020. Highway testing will begin subsequent month.
Singapore is embracing a society the place PMDs/PEVs can co-exist with commuters and on the identical time, in a position to handle in a approach in contrast to the present bike-sharing state of affairs the place you may see these bikes littered round.
I believe Segway ought to take into account partnering with Singapore corporations and our Authorities to check out this new idea. The one “setback” about this idea is the fee. At over USD1,400 per e-scooter, the KickScooter T60 isn’t low-cost for use as a rental e-scooter. However, if the upkeep price is low and utilization is excessive, it would stand an opportunity.