1st of Could 2021 may simply be a big day for me. It’s the day I selected to get my first dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine. I’m grateful to be in Singapore and to have the ability to select between Pfizer-BioNTech (Pfizer for brief now) and Moderna.
The explanation for this put up is to document it on my weblog as a reminder of the experiences I bought throughout the course of (identical to how I recorded my Lasik expertise). Do be reminded that the expertise that I described differs from individual to individual and can’t be a reference for everybody. Do test together with your native authorities (MOH in Singapore) and/or dependable sources to get up-to-date COVID-19 info.
The Singapore Strategy of Getting Vaccinated
In Singapore, the Authorities acted quick to safe inventory for 3 sorts of vaccines – Pfizer, Moderna, and Sinovac. As of this writing, solely Pfizer and Moderna are authorised by HSA (Well being Science Authority).
The Singapore vaccination course of began with frontliners, step by step to these with the next danger of an infection and eventually to residents. We began with senior residents and step by step moved in the direction of the youthful age teams. For my age group, I used to be in a position to register my curiosity from the 24th of March 2021.
The Course of
In Singapore, we might want to go to a web site to register our curiosity if the age group is being chosen.
- As soon as registered, you’ll be notified of the affirmation of your curiosity by way of SMS to your registered telephone quantity.
- You’ll then be notified and given a hyperlink (by way of SMS) to register your time slot for each the 1st and a couple ofnd doses of vaccination.
- As soon as performed, you’ll be given a affirmation of the timeslots by way of SMS for the dates of the vaccination.
Simply on your info, for Pfizer, the twond dose is 21 days after your 1st dose and for Moderna, it’s 28 days later.
I hesitated to register initially as I’ve heard/learn tales of negative effects of the vaccine. However, I did my analysis and weighed the professionals and cons of getting it.
A few of my associates who registered early bought their affirmation SMS quick (inside a couple of hours to inside a couple of days). I registered for mine on the 27th of March 2021.
After a couple of days of ready, I acquired a reminder NOT to register once more and to proceed to attend for my obtainable time slots. I consider many are impatient and had resubmitted their curiosity once more.
Lastly, on the twelfth of April, I acquired the invitation to e book my timeslots.
I booked my 1st vaccination timeslot on a public vacation (1st of Could which is Labour Day) and my 2nd dose 21 days after (22nd of Could). I don’t bear in mind if I’m allowed to decide on the date for twond dose.
FYI, the vaccine kind is indicated clearly for every vaccination centre. In different phrases, you’ll be able to select your vaccine based mostly on the vaccination centre. I selected my vaccination centre at Raffles Conference Centre based mostly on my comfort.
My 1st Dose of Pfizer BioNTECH Vaccine
My spouse and I arrived earlier at barely after 3:30 pm as our timeslots are 4 pm. By the best way, we had a full meal earlier than the vaccination.
1. We had been ushered to queue up systematically close to the vaccination centre. Time: 3:37 pm
2. We have to present them the SMS indictating the date of our vaccination.
3. As soon as the realm is cleared up, we had been ushered to the venue. We’ve got to test in to the venue as a part of the Protected Entry requirement. Time: 3:43 pm
4. Whereas queuing up, we had been requested if we’ve any allergy symptoms and and so forth. We had been supplied a booklet with our solutions to the questions after that.
5. Lastly, I reached a counter to be requested if I’m right here for the 1st or 2nd dose, and to provide my NRIC (Identification Card) to substantiate my standing. In case you are with your loved ones, do word that you’ll be separated to proceed individually.
6. As soon as accomplished, I’ve to queue as much as get a queue quantity to get my vaccination. Time: 3:52pm
7. The first dose could be very quick. The physician went by means of with me a few of the questions once more and proceeded with the injection. The physician will place a plaster over the injection space. I’ve a bit hiccup over this course of. After the injection, I used to be requested to carry on to the cotton whereas the physician ready the plaster. I eliminated the cotton earlier than he might see the injection space correctly and the physician pasted the plaster above the injection space.
This exhibits that the needle is so wonderful that I don’t actually really feel something and the “wound” couldn’t be seen correctly.
8. Closing step of the vaccination course of is the half-hour ready time. This era is essential to detect any abnormalities after the injection. Time: 4:00pm
9. When the time is up, the queue quantity known as and there will likely be a closing test with the individual if we’re alright or not. If there may be nothing mistaken, that’s it. I used to be supplied the COVID-19 Vaccination Card. Time: 4:32pm
Total, it took lower than 1 hour to get the 1st dose of the vaccination.
48 hours after the 1st Dose
Once more, earlier than I describe my private experiences, it differs from individual to individual. Don’t anticipate everybody to really feel the identical.
The injection space, as anticipated, ached for days. It bought worse after hours after the injection. I had no fever besides feeling fatigue and dryness in my throat. On my second day (2nd Could), after sleep, I really feel “regular”. I even went for a 10km night run however my arm nonetheless aches a bit.
That’s it. Wanting ahead to my 2nd dose on 22nd of Could 2021.